- University of Iowa, School of Law, J.D., 1983
- University of Iowa, B.G.S., 1980
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Iowa
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Iowa
- United States Eighth Circuit Court of Appeals
Professional & Bar Association Memberships
- Iowa Bar Association
- Woodbury County Bar Association
- Iowa Association for Justice
- Past Member of the Iowa Workers’ Compensation Advisory Committee
- Past Member of the Iowa Workers’ Compensation Attorneys Core Group
- American Federation of Teachers, Local 716
Honors and Awards
- Northwest Iowa Labor Council, Hall of Fame
After graduating with distinction from the University of Iowa, School of Law in 1983, Dennis became a member of the firm. He specializes in workers’ compensation law, including benefit claims and disability litigation in both Iowa and Nebraska courts.
As a zealous advocate for his clients, Dennis goes above and beyond just representing their cases in court. He also helps them obtain prompt medical treatment for their work injuries, understand how they can best utilize workers’ compensation laws, and learn about their legal rights to workers’ comp benefits. His comprehensive approach also involves educating and including the injured person’s family members. From the first meeting to each case’s conclusion, Dennis is here fighting to enforce the rights of our clients every step of the way.
During his tenure with the firm, Dennis has served on the Iowa Workers’ Compensation Core Group and the Iowa Workers’ Compensation Advisory Committee. He has also presented classes and seminars on a variety of workers’ compensation and related employment topics to several different groups, including the University of Iowa Labor Center.